COVID-19 response from A Buyer’s Choice
Home Inspections (ABCHI)
We would like to provide an update on steps we are taking to support the health and well-being of our clients, their REALTOR® and our community for your property inspection needs.
It won’t be business as usual. But, you WILL be able to count on us.
Home buyers & sellers are curious what to expect as we manage COVID-19.
- By following all local government restrictions recommendations, our Inspectors are still inspecting.
- We conduct business in a way that complies with local Social Distancing Requirements
OUR ABCHI Inspectors are still operating, with some limitations listed below:
- For the time being, we will no longer be encouraging clients to join us during the inspection. We are happy to review the inspection report over the phone, video conference or email after the inspection. Our reports are easy to understand and include supporting photos and video. But if they do feel they must attend we will only be able to meet and speak outdoors once the inspection is done- maintaining safe physical distances.
- We request properties be vacated by the seller during the inspection. Although understandably, with self isolation being practiced in some cases, or people with underlying mobility and/ or health issues, we respect that this may not always be possible. Please speak to your ABCHI Inspector if special considerations are required. At all times social distancing will be practiced and PPE worn when deemed necessary.
- We are being diligent with sanitizing common areas we make contact with (faucet handles, door knobs, counters, etc.) if necessary to minimize risk. As well as practicing extra caution to wash and sanitize our hands before, during and after an inspection and using appropriate PPE while inspecting. Our Inspectors wear gloves appropriately during the Inspection and masks where necessary.
- We are in constant communication with REALTORS®, their boards, mortgage lenders, insurers, and our business partners to better support your inspection needs during this difficult time. Our goal is to reduce any additional stress.
These are certainly unprecedented times.
Things are evolving very quickly as governments around the world make new statements every single day. And there’s a sense of stress and concern that is weighing on everyone. It is no different for us, our clients and referring partners.
We continue to monitor the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 and are following the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as local and national authorities; and we are committed to responding in ways that are consistent with our mission to provide you with the best possible inspection experience.
We are here for you and will support you in any way we can.