COVID-19 response from A Buyer’s Choice Home Inspections (ABCHI)
We would like to provide an update on steps we are taking to support the health and well-being of our clients, their REALTOR® and our community for your property inspection needs.
It won’t be business as usual. But, you WILL be able to count on us.
Home buyers & sellers are curious what to expect as we manage COVID-19.
- Where able to by law or government restrictions, our Inspectors are still inspecting.
- At their discretion, they have been empowered to pause their services based on local requirements and the safety of themselves, their family, clients and referring partners.
- If unsure if your local ABCHI Inspector is open for business please contact them via our Inspector Directory.
ABCHI Inspectors are still operating, with some limitations listed below:
- For the short term, we will no longer be encouraging clients to join us during the inspection. We are happy to review the inspection report over the phone, video conference or email after the inspection. Our reports are easy to understand and include supporting photos and video.
- We request properties be vacated by the seller during the inspection. Although understandably, with self isolation being practiced we respect that this may not always be possible. Please speak to your ABCHI Inspector if special considerations are required. At all times social distancing will be practiced.
- We are being diligent with sanitizing common areas we make contact with (faucet handles, door knobs, counters, etc.) to minimize risk. As well as practicing extra caution to wash and sanitize our hands before, during and after an inspection and using appropriate PPE while inspecting.
- We are in constant communication with REALTORS®, their boards, mortgage lenders, insurers, and our business partners to better support your inspection needs during this difficult time. Our goal is to reduce any additional stress.
These are certainly unprecedented times.
Things are evolving very quickly as governments around the world make new statements every single day. And there’s a sense of stress and concern that is weighing on everyone. It is no different for us, our clients and referring partners.
We continue to monitor the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 and are following the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as local and national authorities; and we are committed to responding in ways that are consistent with our mission to provide you with the best possible inspection experience.
We are here for you and will support you in any way we can.
Find an inspector near you: https://abuyerschoice.com/locations