Don’t wait for something to happen to your home; instead, get into a routine of setting up quarterly home maintenance checks. A Buyer’s Home Inspection – Lone Tree loves to help homeowners protect their home by sharing our seasonal maintenance checklists. Below is our fall home maintenance checklist.
- Have furnace/heating system serviced by a qualified service professional or company.
- Check and clean or replace furnace air filters each month during the heating season. Ventilation system, such as heat recovery ventilator filters should be checked every two months.
- Vacuum electric baseboard heaters to remove dust.
- Remove grilles on forced air systems and vacuum inside the ducts.
- Check sump pump and line to ensure proper operation, and to ascertain that there are no line obstructions or visible leaks.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Ensure all doors to the outside shut tightly, and check other doors for ease of use. Renew door weather-stripping, if required.
- Ensure windows and skylights close tightly.
- Clean leaves from roof and test downspouts to ensure proper drainage.
- Drain and store outdoor hoses. Close valve to outdoor hose connection and drain hose bib, unless your house has frost-proof hose bibs.
A Buyer’s Choice Home Inspection – Lone Tree’s Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
To learn more helpful tips visit our YouTube Channel, http://bit.ly/HomeInspection-LoneTree
We don’t work all the time, but we do work anytime.
Need to schedule your next home inspection? Contact Julie Kessler at https://abuyerschoice.com/lone-tree/contact-us/julie-kessler/