Don’t wait for something to happen to your home; instead, get into a routine of setting up quarterly home maintenance checks. A Buyer’s Home Inspection – Lone Tree loves to help homeowners protect their home by sharing our seasonal maintenance checklists. Below is our summer home maintenance checklist.
A Buyer’s Choice Home Inspection – Lone Tree’s Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
- Deep clean carpets and rugs.
- Vacuum bathroom fan grill.
- Check air-conditioning systems.
- Disconnect the duct connected to the dryer and vacuum lint from duct, the areas surrounding your clothes dryer and your dryer’s vent hood outside.
- Lubricate automatic garage door opener motor, chain, etc. and ensure that the auto-reverse mechanism is properly adjusted.
- Check and replace damaged caulking and weather-stripping around windows and doorways, including the doorway between the garage and the house.
- Check for and seal off any holes in exterior cladding that could be an entry point for small pests, such as, bats, raccoons, and squirrels.
- Remove any plants that contact, or roots that penetrate, the siding or brick.
- Repair driveway and sidewalks as needed.
- Repair any damaged steps that present a safety problem.
To learn more helpful tips visit our YouTube Channel, http://bit.ly/HomeInspection-LoneTree
We don’t work all the time, but we do work anytime.
Need to schedule your next home inspection? Contact Julie Kessler at https://abuyerschoice.com/lone-tree/contact-us/julie-kessler/