Since real estate continues to be a secure long-term investment – even throughout the COVID-19 pandemic – acquiring your home inspection certification is a smart business practice. As an essential service, we quickly adapted to a new reality, empowering our home inspectors to continue earning an income while working in a safe manner.
Home inspectors are the key to ensuring both homebuyers and existing homeowners alike are made aware of the benefits and potential shortcomings of the property they own, wish to purchase and/or are looking to sell.
Launching your own home inspection business doesn’t have to be a dream. It takes hard work and dedication, but there are some fundamentals you can model to assist in starting your new business. Following are some important tips that will help you find success in your new venture through 5 key pillars:
- Trust. Invest in relationships and partnerships to bolster your brand and build a level of confidence in your business. You want people to like and trust you so that they’re more likely to refer your services to friends and family. Warm referrals are the best kind.
- Training. Conduct research and take courses that provide you with the highest level of certification possible to instill confidence in your abilities in the eyes of clients, partners, etc. Complete as much in-field training and practice inspections as possible to validate your processes.
- Technology. Equip yourself with the latest technology and tools to ensure you can accurately see what’s going on within a home. Professional digital inspection reports that include relevant images and videos are important because they help buyers, sellers and real estate professionals understand the property, identifying safety or major issues, minor concerns as well as general home maintenance suggestions.
- Partnerships. Align your business with well-known and respected brands, and invest time and resources into partnerships that will drive your business and add credibility to your personal brand. This includes continually forging strong ties with other similar services across Canada such as real estate, mortgage and insurance companies to ensure a reliable flow of referral business flows in your door.
- Marketing. Ensure you have a professional and consistent online presence. Research marketing companies/strategies that will ensure you’re obtaining maximum search engine optimization and providing value-added content to your audience. Focus on becoming the go-to inspector within your local marketplace, showcasing your positive energy, competence and great attitude.
By covering these five core areas, your business is more likely to succeed and continue to grow as large as you’d like it to be, since becoming a home inspector empowers you to be the architect of your own good fortune.
If you’re thinking of embracing your entrepreneurial spirit and becoming a home inspector, there’s huge value in aligning with a brand that supports a family-like team environment and offers the very best available industry training and support through a proven franchise model that will set you up for success. Learn more about joining our team. We offer franchise financing in the USA through our partner Key Commercial Capital.